The best integrated design firm in the world has an opening for a Licensed Project Architect.
* Sacramento, CA
As a Project Architect at DLR Group you will be responsible for managing all aspects of project document development and coordinating with all project team members to maintain the quality of the work product within the established project schedule for large complex K-12 projects. As part of our integrated design teams you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design.
If you are a collaborative thought leader with a strategic mindset this might be the position for you. DLR Group is 100% employee owned and as such youll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the Firm profitably.
You will partner directly with the Project Manager to ensure the financial health of the project, the quality of project documents, claim prevention, team collaboration and communication. Additionally, you will lead the cross-functional design disciplines in developing technical solutions.
The successful candidate will:
* Have a comprehensive understanding of, and the ability to coordinate and lead the design disciplines in developing technical solutions.
* Provide mentorship to other Project Architects.
* Have extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional practice from schematic design through project close-out.
* Be able to work and present ideas in a team environment as well as self-manage and self-motivate in a creative environment.
* Possess a high level of technical proficiency in the production of drawings.
* Lead the project team in the adherence to all practice standards.
* Supervise the design and technical development of the project.
* Work directly with Project Managers and Designers in the conceptual development of project documents.
* Professional License / Registered Architect.
* Five or more years of experience as a Project Architect.
* Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Design.
* Proficient in the use of REVIT and CAD computer modeling and rendering software.
* The ability to travel occasionally to support project tasks.
* Knowledge of DSA policies.
* K-12 project experience.
DLR Group is a 100% employee-owned firm. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment. Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.