Receives, routes and processes invoices and payments for all Sutter Health vendors. Manages data interfaced between scanning tool and system and audits for accuracy. Works with team members and team lead to ensure all vendor invoices and payments are processed timely, accurately, and within defined service level agreements.
As a team member in Sutter Shared Services, assists in establishing and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with all customers to identify additional ways to be of service and ensure customer satisfaction.
Supports the success of a high-performing shared services organization by helping to champion and drive the long-term Sutter Shared Services vision. Helps foster an environment in which continuous improvement in business processes and services is welcomed and recognized. Participates in programs and in using tools in support of building a high performance culture via the standard Sutter Shared Services responsibilities (e.g. performance measurement, people development, customer relationship management, etc.).
Education, Licensures, and Certifications
HS Diploma Required Or equivalent education/experience required.
Associate's Accounting preferred.
CAPP and/or CAPA through International Accounts Payable Professional Organization preferred.
* Experience in finance, business, and/or equivalent as typically acquired in 1 or more years, preferably in a service delivery environment
* Experience in the healthcare industry preferred
* Experience in shared services/internal service delivery role preferred
* Experience working with invoice and payment processing tools (.eg. Lawson, OCR scanning) preferred
* Experience with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel,
* Knowledge of finance, accounts payable, and/or accounting desired
* Knowledge of applicable state and local sales tax laws, 1099 regulations, IRS regulations including independent contractors, accounts payable related terms/processes, and discount terms a plus
* Knowledge of Accounting principles, general ledger and purchasing processes a plus
* Knowledge of Sutter Health Finance policies, practices and procedures a plus
* Familiarity with performance metrics and ability to meet identified targets a plus
* General understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and shared services enabling technologies (e.g. contact center technologies) is beneficial
* Ability to execute effective and accurate math skills required
* Ability to learn new applications/software systems effectively and efficiently
* Ability to provide constructive feedback on systems and processes to team members to support continuous improvement
* Ability to communicate ideas both verbally and written
* Ability to process requests consistently with general supervision
* Ability to assess problems and resolve or escalate to appropriate team to resolve
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and collaborate the Sutter Shared Services organization as needed
* Strong time management skills and ability to manage individual assignments
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Requires the ability to work with and maintain confidential information
Organization: Sutter Shared Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80